Tuesday 12 June 2012

Every cloud has a porridge lining



The only good thing about the persistent rain is my never-ending supply of porridge I stored away towards the end of winter. I was never a big porridge fan until I started having it with just water. REVELATION.

Back in April I discovered Sainsbury's Express Porridge with Golden Syrup, which is vegan and works out at around 15p a sachet. Instead of adding soya milk I just add water as the oats and sugar are already pretty rich. Then just top with a handful of your favourite fruit.


If you're suffering from breakfast-time-smugness then you could also add walnuts, sunflower seeds, a sprinkling of nutmeg and cinnamon- whatever takes your fancy. You could even try and arrange it in a rather neurotic way as seen below, and then, you know, end up being really, really late for work.


No comments: